Thursday, February 12, 2015

One done, 25 to go

Good afternoon, everyone!

I know, I know. I am late with a blog post. I have been busy trying to find more projects to complete and I have also been trying to find a job so that I am able to buy the yarn necessary for my projects.

But during this time, I have been able to finish one project! When I was working in retail, I had a lovely lady working with me named Jayne. She quickly took on a motherly role for me and soon became my "Work Momma." I love this lady and she has always been such a sweetheart. I bought pink yarn ages ago hoping to make something for me but I instead took the pink yarn and made Jayne a blanket.


This blanket is the modified Everybody Scarf from Fiber Flux. Instead of doing a foundation chain of 18, I multiplied it by 6 to get a chain of 108. The pattern says that you need to work a sc (single crochet) in the second chain from the hook. I ended up doing it in the 3rd chain and it worked much better for me. The other thing that I think makes this blanket beautifully unique is that I used two yarns at once. I feel like it made it much cozier and it looks so cool!

The colours that I used were Red Heart Comfort Black (E707D_3131), Red Heart Comfort Shocking Pink (E707D_3194) and Red Heart Comfort White (E707D_3130). I used up some of my leftover black and white from a previous project but all told, the blanket's materials would have been roughly $30 CAD.

The next project that I am working on is a Speedy Granny Throw for my lovely friend Michelle. She and her husband are supplying me with the yarn to make it. I don't have many pictures of the squares yet but I will get them posted soon. They are looking pretty darn nifty if you ask me.

There are a few other projects floating around but for now, I will leave it at that.

Remember, no matter where you are, I will always yarn for you <3

-Kaytee

No comments:

Post a Comment